How To Make A Beard Softener
Beards are back in fashion these days, and many men are sporting well-groomed beards. While some of them have naturally soft beards, the majority have to put in extra effort to make their beards softer. A good quality beard softener is a must-have to ensure that your facial hair looks and feels good. Read on to find out how to make a beard softener right at home.
Ingredients & Supplies
For this simple DIY project, you’ll need the following items:
- 2 tablespoons of carrier oil such as argan or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
- 10-15 drops of essential oil of your choice
- A small dark-colored bottle with a tight lid
The carrier oil forms the base for your beard softener, as it hydrates the hair and keeps it soft and healthy. Jojoba oil adds shine and restores moisture. Almond oil seals in the moisture and helps the beard look fuller. The essential oils add therapeutic benefits and a pleasant aroma.
Once you have all your ingredients and supplies, making your own beard softener is simple and easy.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of your carrier oil with two tablespoons of jojoba oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of almond oil to the mixture.
- Mix 10-15 drops of the essential oil of your choice.
- Mix the ingredients together in the small bottle with a tight lid.
- Shake the bottle to disperse the oils evenly.
Your homemade beard softener is ready for use.
- Before you use the beard softener, make sure you have washed your beard with a suitable shampoo.
- Take a few drops of the oil and massage it into your beard.
- Leave it in your beard for 20 minutes to allow the oil to absorb.
- Wash your beard with warm water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Enjoy your soft and healthy-looking beard!
For best results, use your beard softener up to four times a week.
Using a Beard Balm
An alternative to beard softener is beard balm. Beard balm is a special type of moisturizer that contains a combination of wax and oil, as well as conditioning and nourishing ingredients. It not only helps to soften and condition the beard, but also provides hold for easier styling. To use a beard balm, just take a pea-sized amount of the balm and rub it between your palms. Apply it evenly all through your beard, starting from the root and working your way down.
Beard Maintenance Tips
Maintaining a well-groomed beard requires a bit of effort, but it definitely pays off. Here are a few tips that can help ensure that your beard looks great:
- Wash your beard regularly, using a shampoo specifically designed for beards.
- After you wash it, apply a quality conditioner.
- Comb your beard to remove any tangles and make sure that the hairs lay in the same direction.
- If it’s necessary, trim the edges to keep your beard looking neat and tidy.
- Avoid styling products containing alcohol, which can be harsh for your facial hair.
Extra Care Tips
Taking good care of your beard is essential not only for looks but also for overall health. If you live in a cold climate, consider using face creams and masks with natural oils to protect your skin and maintain a healthy beard.
- To keep the skin underneath the beard healthy and nourished, use a good beard oil regularly.
- If you feel that your beard is getting a bit unruly, apply some wax or pomade to keep it in check and looking good.
- Add some extra nutrition to your diet with foods that are high in healthy fats and proteins.
- Drink plenty of water and always use a quality sunscreen when you go out in the sun.
Cleaning Beard Products and Tools
Beard products and tools should be cleaned regularly to avoid the buildup of dirt and residue. Use a mild shampoo and a clean, damp cloth to wipe down your beard products, and use a soft toothbrush to remove any product buildup from your beard.
- Wash your beard combs and brushes in warm, soapy water.
- Shampoo the combs and brushes and rinse them thoroughly with warm water.
- Pat the brushes and combs dry with a soft clean cloth.
- Leave them to air dry before using them again.
- Clean your clippers and trimmers with a soft damp cloth after each use.
Benefits of Softening Your Beard
Softening your beard regularly has several benefits. It helps to improve the texture and manageability of the facial hair, as well as relieving it of any tangles and knots. A regular beard-softening routine also helps remove dirt, sweat, and other debris from the hair and make the facial hair more healthy and attractive.
A Final Word
A soft and well-groomed beard is essential for any man who wants to look his best. Making your own beard softener at home is easy and economical, and you’ll find that the results are well worth it. Now that you know how to make a beard softener, there’s no excuse to let your beard become unruly – go ahead and make your own!