Growing a huge beard can take dedication and hard work. Knowing the best grooming practices that can help you and your beard on the journey is essential for peaking maximum growth potential. Here are a few must-follow-tips that can help you on the way:
- Facial exercises: Believe it or not, facial exercises can actually make a difference in how coarse, thick and long your beard grows. Massaging the face for two minutes a day, five days a week can help stimulate the hair follicle and increase beard growth.
- Conditioning your beard: Conditioning is key to help keep your beard soft and manageable. Conditioner will maintain moisture and help get rid of split ends./li>
- Optimal Hygiene: Keeping your beard clean is more than just daily washing and combing. Exfoliating the skin underneath the beard helps to remove dirt, oil, and product build-up that can clog up the hair follicles. Everyday washing will also help to remove the bacteria which can cause acne.
- Beard Balm: Not only will beard balm make your beard look and feel good, it will also keep the skin beneath your beard nourished.
Nutrition And Supplementation
Growing a huge beard also requires proper nutrition and supplementation. Here are some basics to follow:
- Proteins: Eating foods high in proteins will help increase the rate at which your beard grows. It will also help to encourage thicker and darker hairs.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Making sure that you’re getting an adequate source of vitamins and minerals is essential for overall health and optimal beard growth. Vitamins A and E are essential for stimulating hair follicles. Vitamin B helps to accelerate growth.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 is one of the most important sources of nutrients for beard growth, as it helps to maintain a healthy scalp and follicle. Foods high in omega-3 fatty acids include flax seeds, salmon, walnuts, and eggs.
- Herbal Beard Supplements: Herbal supplements are a great way to provide your body with all of the natural ingredients it needs to facilitate that strong beard growth that you desire. Ginseng, saw palmetto, burdock root, and He Shou Wu are all great ingredients to look out for.
Regularly trimming your beard can contribute tomaximizing the growth of your beard. Here are a few tricks that you should keep in mind:
- Trim at least once every two weeks: Regularly trimming your beard at least once every two weeks can help maintain its health and appearance, while also stimulating growth.
- Never trim too much: It is important that you don’t take off too much when you’re trimming, as this can significantly slow down the rate of growth.
- Stay away from the razor: Avoid using a razor to trim your beard, as this can be a suitable recipe for disaster. Instead, use sharp grooming scissors or an electric trimmer as this will allow you to maintain control, leading to a much better result.
Examining Your Progress
Keeping track of your progress is important for understanding how effective your process is. Here are a few tips for examining your process:
- Start with a baseline: Start by taking a clear picture of yourself with a clean-shaven face — this will serve as your baseline. Take another picture after each month has passed and compare.
- Time-Lapse videos: A great way to keep track of your growth is to take time-lapse videos. This will provide you with an easy way to measure your progress quickly and easily.
- Keep a journal: Keeping a journal of your daily beard-care regimen can help to shed light on any potential issues that may be impacting the rate of your growth.
Patience Is Key
Growing a huge beard is no easy feat, and it is important to remember that it is a journey, not a sprint. Patience is key, as you shouldn’t expect to reach your concluded results overnight. It could take several months — or longer; don’t get frustrated and stay the course.
Exploring Hair Desires
Sometimes it is hard to know exactly what you are going for when it comes to your facial hair. There are a few ways to specify which look you are going for.
- Beard Anatomy: Becoming familiar with the basic anatomy and geography of the facial region can help you designate which areas of your beard you want to target. Understanding which facial features you would like to minimize and which areas you would like to divert attention to can be very beneficial.
- Google Image Search: Doing a simple google search for different beard styles can provide you with inspiration and clarity in what you are looking to achieve.
- Ask Advice: If you are still feeling uncertain about what you want to do, don’t be afraid to reach out to your peers for their opinions and advice. You can also try reaching out to online beard forums and blogs to see what the web thinks.
Grow In The Direction You Desire
Trimming and grooming your beard in the natural direction of growth can help ensure that you get the exact look you are aiming for.
- Different Hair Types: Taking note of the fact that different facial-hair types respond differently to cuts and trims is essential. For example, wavy beards are not suited for the same trim that a straight, coarse beard may be.
- Research Before Trimming: Doing research into the various trimming techniques and tools can help you to get the exact look you are aspiring to.
- Consult Professionals: If you are still feeling uncertain or hesitant about the trimming process, consider consulting with a professional for guidance. Professionals often have the experience and expertise to help you get the desired look.
Keep Your Hands Out
Touching your beard too often will have a major impact on the health of your facial hair. Try to keep your hands off of it as much as possible, as the hands are full of natural oils and bacteria. This can be especially problematic while sleeping, as contact with the pillow can inadvertently transfer oils and bacteria to the beard.
Careful Products Usage
Using the right products is essential when it comes to growing a huge, healthy beard. Many products have damaging and drying ingredients and can be more detrimental than beneficial.
Here are a few tips for selecting beard products:
- Research Ingredients: Research the ingredients in any product you consider using. If you don’t know what an ingredient is, be sure to research it. You can also look up reviews and testimonials to ensure that the product is suitable for your specific beard needs.
- Go Natural: Choosing natural products is often the best route to take. Natural products are often the most gentle and beneficial for the health of the beard.
- Start With A Small Batch: Start with a small batch of any product you plan to use. This will help to ensure that it is the right product before investing in a larger amount.